Sunday, May 11, 2008

This Charming Man

Fucking hell.

'My daughter deserved to die for falling in love... If I had realised then what she would become, I would have killed her the instant her mother delivered her,'... Two weeks after The Observer revealed the shocking story of Rand Abdel-Qader, 17, murdered because of her infatuation with a British solider in Basra, southern Iraq, her father is defiant... [Abdel-Qader Ali] remains a free man, despite having stamped on, suffocated and then stabbed his student daughter to death... he said, police congratulated him on what he had done. 'They are men and know what honour is... I don't have a daughter now, and I prefer to say that I never had one. That girl humiliated me in front of my family and friends. Speaking with a foreign solider, she lost what is the most precious thing for any woman... I have only two boys from now on. That girl was a mistake in my life. I know God is blessing me for what I did'...

Homosexuality is punishable by death, a sentence Abdel-Qader approves of with a passion. 'I have alerted my two sons. They will have the same end [as Rand] if they become contaminated with any gay relationship. These crimes deserve death - death in the name of God,' he said.

He said his daughter's 'bad genes were passed on from her mother'. Rand's mother, 41, remains in hiding after divorcing her husband in the immediate aftermath of the killing, living in fear of retribution from his family. She also still bears the scars of the severe beating he inflicted on her, breaking her arm in the process, when she told him she was going. 'They cannot accept me leaving him. When I first left I went to a cousin's home, but every day they were delivering notes to my door saying I was a prostitute and deserved the same death as Rand,' she said.

Labels: ,


|



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?