Friday, February 03, 2006

Amazon.co.uk suddenly get literal...

On the 22nd of December I ordered:

1 copy of Hot, Throbbing Dykes to Watch Out For, 'usually available within 4 to 6 weeks' and 1 copy of Snivilisation, 'usually dispatched within 24 hours'. About a fortnight later I added to this order with 1 Far Side Calender, usually dispatched within 24 hours'. The calender was sent a couple of days later, despite me choosing the 'Super Saver' delivery option of having things dispatched in as few collections as possible. Around the 20th I also added to the order one copy of Funeral also usually dispatched in 24 hours.

Now, in the past when I've ordered stuff at different levels of availability they send me as they got it. In this case, unless both the CDs are not yet available and their website is hopelessly wrong, they're holding them back until they can work out whether the ...Dykes book is available, which I doubt, as 4 to 6 weeks always used to be their code for 'not wanting to admit we don't have something'. But it looks like they'll make me wait until the bitter end for all of it.

|



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?