Thursday, October 20, 2005

I knew this wasn't going to be a good day when I woke up at 3:00 am this morning, now i'm spending a ten hour work day at another library, where I've been sent only because it seems there's two times in the day when they need an extra body to cover service points. Well, maybe I'll be able to catch up on my sleep at least.

A Librarian who refused to serve a customer she caught sharing sexual fantasies on a library computer is facing disciplinary action, while he has been sent an apology.

Although I've not yet been caught up in such a situation it doesn't surprise me when staff don't get back up from their management. And an 'internal investigation' might end up with their procedure actually being given a backbone. We have the delightful situation that a member of the public has to be abusive to staff on two seperate occasions before he can be excluded from the library. We always hear about people's rights, we hardly ever hear about the responsibilities they owe to society as well.

|



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?