Saturday, July 30, 2005

Because I was quite pleased with this one, and because Blogs are nothing except worthless self-promotion and all that jizz...

CD for Ika.
1. Banana Skit - M.I.A. (from Arular).
Just something short and sweet to start things off.

2. My Generation - Patti Smith (from Horses).
Rock! One of the tracks I use too much on these sorts of things, but hey, I've never inflicted my musical tastes of Ika yet, so I get to get away with it.

3. Shifty Disco Girl - Helen Love. (from Love and Glitter, Hot Days and Music).
From a Ramone contemporary to some musical Ramone love-children. After Flux reminded me they existed (and you should be downloading the track before Matt takes it down) I had to include something. It could have been one of many, Jump Up and Down, 2000 mph Girl, Does Your Heart Go Boom despite the dated Britpop references, but I decided to keep it simple, all-out pop.

4. Cool as Kim Deal - Dandy Warhols (from Come Down).
The first album is my favourite so far, I was disappointed by the pop sheen on the third album which smothered their talents. Again, I was spoiled for choice but went with this one because of the next track.

5. Cannonball of Light - The Breeders Versus Madonna (I don't have any idea who created it, I got it from GYBO but can't find the thread either now, so sorry to whoever did this).
A wonderful boot.

6. Disco Fudge - Spaced (from Spaced Soundtrack).

7. Hollaback Girl - Gwen Stefani (from Love Angel Music Baby).
Just for that drumbeat.

8. Hombre - M.I.A. (from Arular again).
My favourite track.

9. Rentaghost Remix - Thriftshop XL (from Thriftshop XL quite some time ago).
We're all of a certain age, so a tune based on one of the kids shows of our childhood, how could I resist?

10. I'm Too Electrified - Electric Six Versus Right Said Fred Versus New Order (from Jaakko at GYBO).
Two joke songs which, when put together, actually sound more meaningful.

11. Waiting For Monday - Gwen Stefani Versus New Order (from Thomas McNab IIRC).
Some day someone will mix this and the New Order/Kylie boot together.

12. Pure Morning (Les Rythmes Digitales Mix) - Placebo.
Years later it's the only remix from the second album that I can still remember.

13. Rodeohead - Hard 'n' Phirm.
Yee-har!

14. The Skins - Scissor Sisters (from Scissor Sisters).
My favourite non-single track. And one that someone who wan't already a Scissor Sisters fan would like.

15. We Hate it When Our Friends Become Successful - Universal Poplab.
I wanted a Smiths cover in for Ika, a Smiths fan, it could have been the Tatu cover of How Soon is Now but this is more pop.

16. Better Set Your Phaser to Stun - Helen Love (from Love and Glitter, Hot Days and Music again).
A great end-of-a-CD track.

17. Sunrise - Pulp (from We Love Life).
A friendship song.


We had great fun last night, just wish I had been a little less knackered so I could have appreciated it more.

|



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?