Saturday, February 12, 2005

London mayor Ken Livingstone in rather unpleasant open mouth- insert foot story.

Oliver Finegold: Mr Livingstone, Evening Standard. How did tonight go?

Ken Livingstone: How awful for you. Have you thought of having treatment?

OF: How did tonight go?

KL: Have you thought of having treatment?

OF: Was it a good party? What does it mean for you?

KL: What did you do before? Were you a German war criminal?

OF: No, I'm Jewish, I wasn't a German war criminal and I'm actually quite offended by that. So, how did tonight go?

KL: Arr right, well you might be [Jewish], but actually you are just like a concentration camp guard, you are just doing it because you are paid to, aren't you?

OF: Great, I have you on record for that. So, how was tonight?

KL: It's nothing to do with you because your paper is a load of scumbags and reactionary bigots.

OF: I'm a journalist and I'm doing my job. I'm only asking for a comment.

KL: Well, work for a paper that doesn't have a record of supporting fascism.


Well, Ken's best hope might be that as he doesn't actually say 'Nazi concentration camp guard' to point out that the British invented concentration camps and prey that works, but he'll have the Daily Mail empire gunning for him this weekend. Even more so than usual. Even though he's correct about the Daily Mail family's historic support of fascism.

I'm sure Ken can rely on the support of Tony Blair though. After all, BLiar has a friend in Europe who also likes to liken people he doesn't like to Nazis.

Unsurprisingly Melanie Phillips is more incensed by what technically is something we are all infering, not something Ken actually said. She seems to have no problem with working for a paper that sixty years ago would have wanted her kicked out of the country. Says more about her than Ken I think...

|



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?