Friday, November 05, 2004

I'm contemplating the uncontemplatable but, when I already have one world-devouring tyrant in my life who wants to end all existence, what harm does a second one make? I'm ditching NTL home in favour of Sky. As I've mentioned I've had problems with NTL for several months now with my TV picture repeatedly cutting out. Two visits by NTL repairman did not solve the problem. Tonight I was visited by guy number three. He replaced the box this time, started it rebooting, then got a phone call from his mates and decided to leave before it was ready to go. He assured me, at 5:30 pm, that it would be finished rebooting in about fifteen minutes and then would work. At 6:30 it still wasn't working, so I called NTL, they did something and it was ready.

Until about fifteen minutes ago when the screen froze and the controls didn't get any response. Unplugging and plugging back in the box didn't do anything either. And the helpline clocks off at 8:00 pm. I'm working tomorrow so I won't have much time to do anything except call the helpline before it closes for the weekend and hopefully get the box working, again. On Wednesday, my next free day, I intend to phone Sky to arrange someone to install a Sky Digibox and phone NTL to tell them to get someone to come collect their doorstop.

I'm less than thrilled about paying money into a subsiduary of C. Montgomery Murdoch but the base package is about £10 cheaper and has many more channels than NTL, meaning I can now fulfil my lifelong ambition, since this morning, of being able to watch God TV, bringing religious bigotry into homes across the globe. And if I press the digital text button, maybe I'll get digital text, not the message from NTL which I've got since I signed up with them in 2001 saying 'digital text is coming soon'.

Who knows, maybe Sky will let me down on the customer service front too, in which case it's the top of the local shopping centre picking random people off with my automatic rifle time... again.

|



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?