Thursday, October 14, 2004

Busy couple of days. Her Plumsness came up and we went to Bisexual Underground and chatted to many fabulous people, even though the weather outside was foul.

Spent a lazy wednesday morning watching music telly on my fkcued NTL box. I keep loosing the station for periods of about twenty to thirty seconds, easily solved by flicking away from that channel and back, but annoying when it can happen several times in the space of a few minutes. NTL do seem to be aware of the problem as they've left a message about it on their answerphone but the problem has now lasted several months and I'm getting tired of it, so another phone call may be in order, despite it's usual complete lack of effectiveness. I've had enough experience of this sort of thing working in a library to know that you can't always get to speak to someone who can help you on the phone but you mustn't take it out on the poor person answering you. I'd do the obvious and switch from NTL but don't want the expense when my future isn't clear enough to judge how many more years I'll be staying where I've moved to, and I can't give up my digital TV.

Anyway, Miss Fabulous went in to town to have her hair done, I went and splurged in Virgin. I bought Little Britain which has some wonderful extras, like some Live sketches they did at the Royal Albert Hall and deleted scenes. I also got the Chris Cunningham DVD, mainly for the Aphex Twin and Madonna videos as I've already got the Portishead and Bjork ones elsewhere. It looks like an extended version of an old late night Channel 4 music show called Mirrorball which highlighted work by a particular director, only this has got his other non-music work too. And then finally Pet Shop Boys - Performance. I had this on video ages ago, it's ridiculously pretentious but at the same time has some brilliant moments, such as Chris in his pants (that's the UK not US meaning) doing We All Feel Better in the Dark and an encore with Neil and Tennant getting in to bed dressed as angels.

We regrouped for warm drinks and food at First Out and scoffed over an article in yesterday's Independent by Johann Hari about Derrida. I only know keywords on the man but even so disagreed with the thrust of Hari's 'I come to bury Derrida not to praise him' article. I took some photos of Plums which she insisted made her look 'special' and we went our seperate ways.

|



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?