Friday, September 10, 2004

Things don't look good for the people of Jamaica in the face of Hurricane Ivan. Still, maybe the priests can get together and say that God is blaming Peter Tatchell for trying to get Beenie Man prosecuted. One of the most depressing things in a radio report I heard about it was the American woman who said that her family were there on holiday and they were planning to ignore the advice to get the hell out of their and 'tough it out'. I believe glib comments about 'a little wind' might also have been made too. "If we survive this we can survive anything." So, if her family survives they could be shot into space without food or water and we'll see how they manage.

News has come in that George W. Bush has converted to Islam in response to the news that the Christian God was planning to vote for Kerry in the US Presidential Elections. "Frankly I've always had my doubts about that God and that son of his." Said Mohammad Bush from the White House. "I mean, 'love thy neighbour'? 'Let him who is without sin cast the first stone'? What kind of hippy crap is this?" He said his family agreed with his decision and his wife, standing several feet behind him nodded. At least, I think it was his wife, she was wearing her burqua after all and Mohammad hadn't given her permission to speak...

I mean, I presume John Kerry hasn't officially thrown in the towel has he? I realise the terrible events in Beslan have shifted the myopic gaze of the western media for a while but we would have heard wouldn't we? While it may be unfair to stereotype the whole country, only in America could you have a man who went to war branded a coward while a man who got his Daddy to make sure he had a post well away from any actual danger, then still skive off to do something else instead is hailed as a brave wartime leader.

UPDATE: On the subject of Mrs Suicidal I may have been the victim of overzealous news snipping. Later in the day I saw what I assume is the same lady being interviewed on the Beeb. What this item included which the earlier snippet did not was the fact that she and her husband HAD tried to get off the island but all the seats on the plane had gone, so they were forced to tough it out rather than choosing.

|



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?