Wednesday, August 25, 2004

Perhaps predictably, my computer has now completely broken down. So I have to resort to Internet Cafes, Libraries and turning tricks outside the House of Commons like every other blogger. However, when I phoned up my now close personal friends at the technical support line on Monday they were stumped by my telling them the computer now did absolutely nothing when I turned it on. Nada. Zilch. They couldn't prevaricate any longer and agreed to send an engineer out to have a look at it. It would have to be today they said. OK, I said.

So I get a phone call this morning from the engineer saying he'd be around around 11:00. Then about 10:15 I get a phone call from my parents, saying the engineer had turned up at their house.

How it works out is this: My father bought me the computer. His name and address are on the invoice. However, when we bought it we made it very clear to the people at PC World that it was for me, so my name and address are down as the actual physical location and owner, as t'wer, of the machine. Every time I phone up technical support I have to confirm my name and address, and I give them MY name and address and there is no problem. Technical support know it's me and not my Dad who owns the PC. So quite why they sent an engineer to my parents house I'm at a loss, other than the obvious of them being a bunch of brain-dead morons.

So the engineer goes and talks to his people and gets back to me. Of course, they can't find an engineer in my area to fix my computer today. And I'm off to Bicon tomorrow. So I'm not going to have an engineer come and look at the computer until a fortnight today, being the first day, bar weekends, when I'm going to be at home.

So Blah Flowers will be on hiatus for a little while, unless I find a cheap Internet cafe at Bicon or afterwards when I go on holiday with my parents for a couple of days to Suffolk.

So, take care of yourselves and one another. I'll be in touch.

|



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?