Sunday, June 20, 2004

Let's make it clear, Garry Mann is a fucknut. However, right now I'd happily support him if he wanted to sue David Blunkett for threatening behaviour. "I'm working very hard on this because I haven't given up on the idea that we're going to nail this individual," the home secretary said. Intemperate much?

My reaction to football is complicated and I've realised that I'm just footballfanaphobic, or some form of rascism towards fans of the game. Whenever we come round to a national competition I tend to pray for England's speedy departure, partly becuse we aren't going to win anything ever and the rather farcical nature of support in some sections of the media just irritates me. But I also want it, I realise, because I tend to associate the 'football fan' with the large foreheaded beer-bellied violent slobs that the news tends to use on any story about fan disruption. For me, the football fan isn't any of my friends, it's the people I do my best to avoid in the street, the ones that tend to hassle me when I'm least able to take it. There are those who go just for the fighting. There are those that go for the football and the fighting. And I find I want to destroy their beautiful game and piss sulphur on the remains as my revenge on them. It's unreasonable of me I know and i don't know where this twisting happened but there it is.

And I've just heard an excellent track on The Remix, 'Engerland You're Shit But You Don't Know it', an irish dejay covering The Streets track, with the lyrics changed to reflect his opinions on the current England squad. A thing of joy.

Got the reissued Scissor Sisters Laura single with the new video. The oh-so-subtle Del presenting Jake with a cock on a platter. Or the joyous third section with Baby Daddy as a priest and Jake as a zombie straight from Live and Let Die. Flux has an MP3 of them covering Franz Ferdinand's Take Them Out. And as for FF, I think I'm slowly coming round to like them. Give me until Christmas and I'll be there I think.

Just had a visit from the parents for the celebration of the Day of our Fathers. We dodged the showers to go out for a meal, to avoid having to put any thought into Mothers and Fathers Day presents (I have enough difficulty withe their birthdays and Christmas) I just pay for a meal. I'm nearly at the end of my holiday now, back to work on wednesday. Hopefully it'll stay dry tomorrow so I can do another walk in town, tuesday it's clothes shopping time.

|



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?