Saturday, May 22, 2004

Michael Moore's film Fahrenheit 9/11, about how George W. Bush screwed each and every single American, wins Palme d'Or. This, despite the distinctly lukewarm "I thought Bowling for Columbine was better" vibes that it seemed to be getting in reviews in the papers. I do wonder if there's an element of the same thing that made the UK come last in last years Eurovision Song Contest, using any forum that comes to hand to register displeasure at the UK and US actions, although the Palme d'Or is voted for by people who know what they talk of. Hopefully this will help Moore find a distributor for the film in the US before the Presidential elections.

I must admit though that even from this side of the Atlantic that I, like Defective Yeti, like John Kerry more the less I hear from him. And while we're talking about DY, check out Lord of the Rings as an allegory for pregnancy.

Anyway, the next two days will contain shopping, part of which will be a new set of earphones for my Discman as one of the ears have gone in my current set (and why is it that my earphones always go one at a time? Is it that there is so little in an average pair of earphones that not much else can go wrong? Why do they never cut out together?). I may also possibly buy a new phone too, it will be cordless so I don't have to use my mobile if I want to talk when I'm out in the garden and have an answerphone so I can roundly insult the clueless muppets who phone my number because it's vaguely similar to a local computer company.

I'll also be hopefully going and finally checking this out. I did mention it in January when it was far too cold then forgot about it and then found the leaflet again yesterday. And I've got Adaptation on DVD, to try and work out why Flux liked it so much.

And while I have you here, does anyone know if Joe Pants' TV show The Handler has been cancelled? It was previewed on Sky with a load of publicity then about a month later got moved to a different place in the schedule each week before ending up at midnights on Thursdays. I know it wasn't doing too well but I've got a serious hankering for some Hill Harper and I'd be distraught if he's not going to be on my screen any more.

|



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?