Friday, April 09, 2004

'MUSIC PIRACY' GOT MUSIC ANOTHER SALE!

It needs to be said. While the BPI and others are constantly trying to make out that online piracy destroys music, rapes musicians and says nasty things to their grandmothers, I think it's useful, where possible, to represent a different point of view. In this case, Flux posts a Buffalo Daughter MP3, I like, so I buy the album. Net consequence? Whatever Amazon pay on for selling a copy to me. There is absolutely no other way that this would have happened. Same as with the Scissor Sisters, same as when I got into Godspeed You Black Emperor! and A Silver Mount Zion after hearing them on the radio. The only difference between the two is that the BPI and it's hellish minions have no means to control filesharing. Filesharing forces the music producers to put more effort into putting out stuff that appeals. That's the real reason they want to stop 'piracy'.

It should be pointed out that I thought the Buffalo Daughter album 'Psychic' is okay at best. Standout track is the one that Flux posted, 'Cyclic', and none of the other tracks quite reach that melodic standard, which reminded me of Underworld's 'Two Months Off'.

I like Nirvana. I like Kurt Cobain. I like comics. This, as centrefolded in the latest NME, is a fucking abomination. Look at the pictures down the side of the artists website. Great art let down by a mediocre script, I mean, Kurt with angel wings? For... fucks... sake.

|



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?