Wednesday, February 18, 2004

Grrr. There should be a law which means that any proposition along the lines of 'I believe x is wrong because my Holy Book of Choice says so' is automatically ruled invalid and anyone within hearing is legally entitled to give the speaker a slap. Whenever I hear someone talk proudly of their religion what I hear is "Me no like thinking. Thinking makes brain hurt. Tiny book think for me. Tiny book good. Brains for eating, not thinking."

(This does not count for the two or three people I know for whom religion is merely the start, not the end of their existence and who coincidentally believe in equality for women, equal marriage rights for gays and that Dervla Kirwen appears in far too many TV programmes these days.)

|



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?