Wednesday, January 28, 2004

Funny, as late as early afternoon I could have sworn the BBC weather were promising the snow wouldn't touch us here in the wilds of North London, yet a cubic fuckload of it has just dropped. It genuinely started at five minutes to five, i.e; five minutes to closing time. By the time we were making our ways to our cars in the car park at five minutes past five there was enough snow on the ground to take a footprint. One of my work colleagues graciously offered me a lift home but rush hour and snow meant it took longer than if I'd walked, so at about two-thirds of the way home I took my leave of them and walked the rest of the way. Fresh fallen snow is a joy, I don't think there's many people who don't like the crunch under foot or the feel of a snowball in the hand. Tomorrow, when the snow has a chance to thaw and then freeze as ice, that's the bit I don't like.

|



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?