Tuesday, December 23, 2003

In her latest entry (geez, can't you split them up or something? < g >) Creepy says:

Transsexuals I've never understood.
They should have a whole category of their own in my opinion.
I'm not trying to exclude - I just think that sticking transsexuals with the gays makes their life a sexual issue rather than a gender issue.
And surely it's the gender bit that's important to them?


I've always thought of this from the opposite direction myself, but then in my view sexual identity is a subdivision of gender identity. Considering the 'gay liberation movement' was kicked off by those high-kicking drag queens at Stonewall, the links between the two communities aren't as forced and unnatural as she seems to think. Yes, it causes problems, but then I'm guessing Creepy doesn't wear too many skirts or dresses, which if so makes her a tranny too. Loving someone of the same gender is as transgressive as wearing the clothes of what society insists is the 'other gender'. Sex is all about what you do with your bits, gender is all about the mind baby. Shazam!

|



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?