Friday, October 24, 2003

Try as I might to get into the White Stripes I just can't, although their singles have a certain charm there should be stickers on the front saying 'Parental Advisory: All The Other Songs on Our Album Are Shit!'. With the exception of 'I Don't Know What to Do With Myself' which managed to perfectly match a crap song with a crap video, though a friend of mine tried to convince me that Kate Moss was supposed to be pole-dancing badly 'cos, like, she's not a whore, man. But I've just seen the video for their new song, 'The Hardest Button to Button' and I really like it. Alright, so Jack White is now trying to act as though he's Jonny Depp playing Jack White in the film 'The White Stripes Hit The Big Time' and if someone pays me I WILL hunt Jack down and forceably shave off that bumfluff 'tash he's foolishly decided to grow.

But I just like the idea of with each note either of them play they jump stop-motiontastically to a new position a couple of feet along the road, path, station platform, then playing with that idea in a number of ways, zigzagging in and out a train, Meg's position moving back and forth depending on how loud Jack is singing. Catch it while you can.

In other music news: Why are VH1 Classic ALWAYS playing Abba?

|



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?