Sunday, September 14, 2003

I've managed to get my computer talking to my digital camera again. I tried downloading more patches from Microsoft first, hoping that between last weekend and this some Microserf had said "Blimey! Our patches accidentally stop our computers from talking to Kodak Easyshare Docking Stations! Better write a patch for that!" But after downloading what was there and uninstalling and reinstalling the Kodak software there was still no joy. Stage two was going back to the Kodak website, and I decided to try downloading the more advanced copy of the Easyshare software on offer there, when it was finished and installed... no joy. It now had a function which I could use to see what devices it could 'see' and it just did not believe the Docking Station existed. As it was the only thing I could think of left to do other than restarting the entire system I tried connecting the computer directly to the camera, I didn't think that would work but somehow it did and I was able to finally download the pictures I took last weekend.

I still believe this is a problem with the computer and not the camera or Docking Station. If I hadn't successfully downloaded pictures through the DS before downloading all those patches then I might believe that the DS was half bust, that it was recharging the camera's batteries but the connection to the computer had been broken. As it is I'm wondering whether to take it back and get it exchanged just in case something went ping! in it concurrently with me downloading security patches from Microsoft. Hmmm, what would Jesus do?

|



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?