Saturday, July 12, 2003

I pass through Slashdot only infrequently as I'm not really a techno-type person (I hover somewhere around Eddie Izzard's 'technophile', who enthusiastically uses things without bothering to check the manual and accidentally gets computers over the world playing Global Thermonuclear War), but am cheered to hear that the Domesday information that the BBC made in the 80s on big laserdiscs for their BBC Computers have been saved for the posterity of future generations by bunging the info over on to DVDs.

And somewhere on there is a little scrap of writing that a little Flower who was no more than a bulb wrote. I can't remember what I wrote now, it was about twenty years ago, I just remember Mr Davies getting very excited about it as he talked in assembly.

Probably the BBC Domesday Project is as pointless as the Blue Peter time capsule, but it's nice to know that a load of inconsequential rubbish is being saved. It's the first blog!

|



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?