Sunday, July 27, 2003

Anyway, did another walk today (Print it out and do it yourself!), went to Camden for comics, then walked along to Chalk Farm. From there I walked up to Primrose Hill, and up to the summit. About halfway up someone has painted on the path It's windy there but the view's so nice, was it because of the Blur song or did that come from this bit of graffiti? If you know, let me know...

From there it was down the hill and across into Regent's Park. The walk called for me to pass the zoo on my right, then at the end turn right just before I reached the fountain. There was a bit of a problem as large sections of the field were cordoned off. I presume they're either in the middle of reseeding the grass or laying new paths, although i would have thought that those would have been winter rather than high summer jobs. Lots of football games going on. I circled the cordoned area and tried to rejoin the path of my walk, crossing the little lake at one end of the park, but I made a mistake and then went off in the wrong direction, instead of going across the Inner Circle of the park I went around and ended up rejoining the walk at Chester Road. We cut across that corner of the park and out onto the Outer Circle, then past the various posh-looking Terraces (with their signs forbidding common plebs like us from doing anything to dirty their lovely roads) and the rather startling building that's the HQ of The Royal College of Physicians. This picture doesn't really do justice to how odd it looks, not only do I think it's not a particularly nice bit of architecture, a large square centre with slit windows and curvy external stairs on the outside, but it also doesn't fit in with the surrounding area. I think it probably qualifies as one of prince Charles's 'monstrous carbuncles'. But passing that, along into Park Square East, finishing at Regent's Park Station.

|



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?