Thursday, June 19, 2003

On My 'To Read' Shelf (or, A Blatant Attempt to Make Me Seem More Interesting)
Michael Marshall, 'Straw Men', China Mieville 'The Scar', Jeffrey Eugenides 'Middlesex', Alan Moore, 'Promethea Book 3' and 'From Hell'. These are all rereads as I tend to try and reread stuff at least once before it goes on my bookshelves.
Various 'Alan Moore- Portrait of an Extraordinary Gentlemen' Got it today in Gosh! and was browsing through on the train home. There's a hell of a lot of stuff in there, including the Sim/Moore discussions on 'From Hell' and Moore's beliefs. Thank god I can clear that off my hard-disk.
Steve Wilson 'Chaos Ritual'. Can't remember how I got this and to be honest, I tried reading it once and wasn't that interested, I think it's for someone who's into chaos magick a lot more than I am (ie; hardly at all). So next time I donate books to Oxfam or the local jumble sale, someone is going to be in for a shock.
Carol Bowen 'Vegetarian Microwave Cooking For One and Two'. Despite my unashamed membership of the meat-eating classes, it looked like it fulfilled my two main criteria for a cookbook, 1)Simple and 2)Quick. One of these days I really must get round to using it.
Margaret Crosland 'Simone de Beauvoir'. Liberated it from the book sale at work. I have no idea if it's any good or not, just taking a chance as one of my many, many projects is to increase, well, to gain some knowledge of the history and development of feminism.

|



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?