Monday, May 12, 2003

OK, I know that the question you really want to ask is "Flowers, who does your hair? And, how did your rune reading go?" I did the simplest reading suggested by Ralph Blum, a 3 card spread (alright, he suggested either picking one card or just tossing the cards in the air and seeing what happens when they fell, but I was willing to put a little more effort in) with no other question than what do I need to live my life? What follows is based on what he has to say on each card, so hopefully I'm not going too wildly wrong here.
1. Overview (I presume, current situation): Ansuz Signals, Reversed.
Failed communication, lack of clarity, inhibition, futility.
2. The Challenge: Jera Harvest.
Encourages and supports activities of change to which I'm committed, but there are no quick results, I must be prepared to wait.
3. The Course of Action: Nauthiz Constraint, Reversed.
Teaching through pain, cleansing needed. Negativity must be controlled, be modest and good tempered.

I'm aware that to sceptics, and I'm not wholly convinced myself, this is such a typical reading, both non-specific yet with enough hooks in it to succesfully snag in my intelligence. It says my present/recent past isn't perfect, but if I knuckle down and work hard, over a period of time, my future will be brighter. The Protestant Work Ethic approach to divination and one that would probably fit any number of people.
And it's just vague enough that I can look at it and see about how, in March, I committed myself to trying to make changes to the way I live and think about the world, due to feeling inhibited and constrained by the way I was, how in the last fortnight I've realised that I'm not in a position to make great changes straight away, that I have to plan where I'm going and make sure I'm prepared before I start, and that change will inevitably bring with it some pain, require me to overcome my own negativity but will, if successful, cleanse me.

The hair is all thanks to electric clippers and God's love.

|



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?