Sunday, May 18, 2003

The NLP is half-done, I swear. I would have finished it too if it wasn't for that pesky Auntie Skater. Day Three was mainly consolidation of what I did on Day Two. One of the exercises was to think of when I've labelled people because of a single behaviour. 'Single' behaviour I'm probably quite good with, and have a low score. Change it to 'several' behavioural things and it climbs a bit.

I got as far as analysing my goals from Day two using Cartesian questions. It's rather hard to visualise but it's along the lines of four questions, which you arrange as though on a graph with an x and y axis. You start at top right, and here you list 'What would happen if you did' (ie; whatever it is you're planning). Top left is 'what wouldn't happen if you did?'. Bottom right is 'what would happen if you didn't?' and bottom left is the most difficult, 'what wouldn't happen if you didn't?'. I found this last one pretty much impossible to answer in any meaningful way. And of my goals only the third seemed to yield anything fresh that I hadn't thought of on day two. The only other thing of value I gained from the exercise was an awareness that my first and third goals, improved posture and increased self-confidence, seem to be slowly drifting towards each other. In terms of the benefits to success in both areas there's a strong overlap between the two.

This analysis makes me worry that I've been too narrow-minded in choosing the improvements that I want to make, chosen small things in the case of one and two Maybe I should have tried to come up with more things. But I don't really want anything else right now, at least not anything that NLP can help me with. I think that if I'm successful with number three that may well inspire me to rerun the system with some broader goals to attempt.

|



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?